NEWS: Mark your calendar for Summermusic 2018 on July 9 – 20!
Watch for more updates about Summermusic 2018 in the new year. In the meantime, browse the website for information on last year’s programming if you’re curious about who we are and what we do!
Want to know what our staff get up to during the year? Check out the Concert News page to see upcoming concerts featuring Summermusic faculty.
July 9 – 20, 2018
Make great music, great friends and have fun!
At Deep River Summermusic, we provide a wonderful music and day-camp experience for young musicians aged 5 to 18, from beginners to advanced
Our campers have the time of their lives, making friends and learning in a challenging, supportive environment. Campers tell us they learn more in two weeks than they did all year!
Being immersed in music all day, it’s impossible not to soak it all in and achieve more than you thought possible
The Summermusic staff is made up of highly trained, experienced professional musicians and educators, who come to Deep River from all around Ontario and the rest of Canada, bringing enormous enthusiasm for teaching young musicians.
Like us on Facebook and check out our photo galleries, videos and updates.
Participants outside the Deep River area are always welcome. We can help arrange car-pools or billets. Contact us for more information.
SUMMERMUSIC Mission Statement
- To provide children and youth the opportunity to be immersed in a supportive, inspirational musical environment.
- To offer students high-quality music instruction led by professional musicians and teachers who are dedicated to the value of musical education in a positive setting.
- To offer musical education to children and youth regardless of previous musical experience; that is, to provide programming appropriate for young musicians of all levels, as well as introductory programs for children 5 to 8 years old.
- To provide children and youth with the vocabulary and skill to gain greater enjoyment from music
- To enrich human interactions and foster friendships through music
- To uphold the philosophical belief that an appreciation and joy of music is vital in the development of a balanced, well-rounded contributing member of our society.