NEW FEATURE: Upcoming Performances Featuring Summermusic Faculty
We are very proud of our Summermusic staff, a team of professional musicians who lead busy careers as performers and educators. Take a look at our new Concert News page to find information on all their upcoming concerts!
July 11 – 22, 2016
Make great music, great friends and have fun!
At Deep River Summermusic, we provide a wonderful music and day-camp experience for young musicians aged 5 to 18, from beginners to advanced
Our campers have the time of their lives, making friends and learning in a challenging, supportive environment. Campers tell us they learn more in two weeks than they did all year!
Being immersed in music all day, it’s impossible not to soak it all in and achieve more than you thought possible
The Summermusic staff is made up of highly trained, experienced professional musicians and educators, who come to Deep River from all around Ontario and the rest of Canada, bringing enormous enthusiasm for teaching young musicians.
Like us on Facebook and check out our photo galleries, videos and updates.
Participants outside the Deep River area are always welcome. We can help arrange car-pools or billets. Contact us for more information.
SUMMERMUSIC Mission Statement
- To provide children and youth the opportunity to be immersed in a supportive, inspirational musical environment.
- To offer students high-quality music instruction led by professional musicians and teachers who are dedicated to the value of musical education in a positive setting.
- To offer musical education to children and youth regardless of previous musical experience; that is, to provide programming appropriate for young musicians of all levels, as well as introductory programs for children 5 to 8 years old.
- To provide children and youth with the vocabulary and skill to gain greater enjoyment from music
- To enrich human interactions and foster friendships through music
- To uphold the philosophical belief that an appreciation and joy of music is vital in the development of a balanced, well-rounded contributing member of our society.