What is our refund policy?
- Refunds must be requested in writing (email is fine)
- Withdrawals BEFORE the registration deadline (June 28th, 2021) will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee.
- Withdrawals BETWEEN the registration deadline (June 28th, 2021) and start of camp (July 19th, 2021) will receive a 50% refund minus a $25 administrative fee.
- If illness or emergency causes a camper to withdraw permanently after the start of camp, Summermusic will offer a prorated refund minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Camp cancellation by Summermusic before the start of camp will result in a full refund.
- Camp cancellation by Summermusic during camp due to Covid health and safety regulations will result in a prorated refund based on the number of days cancelled.
What are our Covid-19 protocols for Summermusic 2021
We are very fortunate to have the facilities of the Deep River Community Church as our new venue for 2021, where we can;
- divide our full-day campers by age into two cohorts, each with its own building
- have no more than 30 campers per cohort
- have staff rotating between buildings (with appropriate health protocols) so all campers receive the full benefit of our excellent instructors
- have enough space to easily implement safety protocols
- maintain social-distancing in our beginner classes by reducing the selection of instruments
- make use of church grounds for outdoor music instruction as well as recreation
- continue to offer Music for the Young with slightly shortened sessions to avoid overlap with the full-day campers
As you know, the pandemic health & safety requirements are continually evolving. Some of the above protocols might need to be updated to adhere to the latest regulations, closer to the start of camp on July 19, including. any travel guidelines that are in place closer to the start of camp on July 19 for those traveling from outside Renfrew County to attend Summermusic.
What is our Covid-19 policy for campers?
Summermusic 2021 campers are expected to:
- Maintain two metres distance from other people
- Sit in assigned seats
- Not touch another person’s belongings or instrument
- Sanitize their hands when entering the building
- Wear a mask indoors (when not eating or playing a wind instrument)
- Wear a mask outdoors whenever social distancing is not possible
Due to the highly infectious nature of Covid-19 and Summermusic’s commitment to keeping our staff and students safe and healthy, we will be adopting a one-strike policy for campers. This means that any camper seen to be breaking Covid protocols as detailed on the Summermusic website will be warned that their behaviour is unacceptable, and their parents will be notified. If the behaviour is repeated, the camper may be asked to leave.
Where is Summermusic 2021 located, and what are your hours?
Our venue for 2021 is The Deep River Community Church, located at 115 Deep River Road, Deep River ON K0J 1P0. We will be using the grounds and both buildings at the venue – the Church building and the adjacent Community Education Centre building. Full-day camp hours are 9:15 am to 3:00 pm. Our Music for the Young ages 5 & 6 campers come from 8:30 to 9:15 and our ages 7 & 8 campers come from 2:00 to 3:00.
What are your camp policies?
1) For promotional purposes, SUMMERMUSIC will be taking photos of campers in their day-to-day activities. If you do not wish your child’s image to be used in this manner, please inform Susan Butler by the first day of camp. If we do not hear from you, SUMMERMUSIC assumes consent to the use of your child’s photo(s) in Camp publicity material.
2) It is imperative that a parent or guardian of those registered in our Music for the Young program, pick-up their child on time at the end of each daily class. Our staff is very busy teaching throughout the day and are not able to spend extra time waiting for students to be picked-up. If you would like to allow your child to walk or bike home on their own, please inform Susan Butler by the first day of camp.
We must be notified in advance if a child will be absent or late. We will call the parent numbers or the alternate contact if your child has an uninformed absence.
3) Rules and Expectations of Behaviour. On the first day of camp, the rules and expectation of behaviour will be discussed with all our students in a group setting. We do this to help our campers understand how their behaviour affects the music camp experience for everyone. We would like to share some of these rules and expectations with you in the hopes that you will discuss them with your family before camp starts. It is our wish and responsibility to create a positive camp environment between all participants at camp.
- Respect and cooperation are essential elements in establishing a safe environment that encourages artistic development and freedom. Campers and staff are expected to be a positive influence on all camp participants. If a camper is disturbing the camp atmosphere, staff will discuss the issue with the camper and family. If the camper consistently disregards the camp rules, your child will be asked to leave camp.
- Bullying, exclusion and humiliation will not be tolerated at SUMMERMUSIC. If a camper sees or experiences any of these situations, it is important to let a staff member know. Any of these behaviours from a student, will result in your child being asked to leave camp.
- Respect for the buildings and grounds we use at camp is very important. We expect our campers to treat their environment with care and keep the grounds clean.