What is our refund policy?
- Refunds must be requested in writing (email is fine)
- Withdrawals BEFORE the registration deadline (June 18th, 2022) will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative fee.
- Withdrawals BETWEEN the registration deadline (June 18th, 2022) and start of camp (July 18th, 2022) will receive a 50% refund minus a $25 administrative fee.
- If illness or emergency causes a camper to withdraw permanently after the start of camp, Summermusic will offer a prorated refund minus a $50 administrative fee.
- Camp cancellation by Summermusic before the start of camp will result in a full refund.
- Camp cancellation by Summermusic during camp due to Covid health and safety regulations will result in a prorated refund based on the number of days cancelled.
What are our Covid-19 protocols for Summermusic 2022
The following measures have been put in place to promote the health and safety of campers and staff at Summermusic 2022:
- Masks are not required at Summermusic. However, all campers and staff are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- Proper hand hygiene, including frequent hand washing and sanitizing, is encouraged.
- Social distancing will be implemented for all music-making sessions.
- Campers will spend part of each day outdoors, weather permitting. Eating and drinking will take place outdoors whenever possible.
- Campers and staff must self-screen for Covid-19 symptoms and exposures each day before coming to camp. Campers should use the Ontario government’s COVID-19 School and Childcare Screening tool, available online at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/ or as a downloadable form at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/download-covid-19-screenings. Do not send your child to camp if they have symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
Where is Summermusic 2022 located, and what are your hours?
Our venue for 2022 is St. Mary’s School (33110 Highway 17, Deep River ON).
Full-day camp hours are 9:30 am to 3:00 pm. Our Music for the Young ages 3 to 5 campers come from 10:40 to 11:20, our 5 & 6 campers come from 8:30 to 9:15 and our ages 7 & 8 campers come from 12:30 to 1:30.
What are your camp policies?
1) For promotional purposes, SUMMERMUSIC will be taking photos of campers in their day-to-day activities. If you do not wish your child’s image to be used in this manner, please inform Susan Butler by the first day of camp. If we do not hear from you, SUMMERMUSIC assumes consent to the use of your child’s photo(s) in Camp publicity material.
2) It is imperative that a parent or guardian of those registered in our Music for the Young program, pick-up their child on time at the end of each daily class. Our staff is very busy teaching throughout the day and are not able to spend extra time waiting for students to be picked-up. If you would like to allow your child to walk or bike home on their own, please inform Susan Butler by the first day of camp.
We must be notified in advance if a child will be absent or late. We will call the parent numbers or the alternate contact if your child has an uninformed absence.
3) Rules and Expectations of Behaviour. On the first day of camp, the rules and expectation of behaviour will be discussed with all our students in a group setting. We do this to help our campers understand how their behaviour affects the music camp experience for everyone. We would like to share some of these rules and expectations with you in the hopes that you will discuss them with your family before camp starts. It is our wish and responsibility to create a positive camp environment between all participants at camp.
- Respect and cooperation are essential elements in establishing a safe environment that encourages artistic development and freedom. Campers and staff are expected to be a positive influence on all camp participants. If a camper is disturbing the camp atmosphere, staff will discuss the issue with the camper and family. If the camper consistently disregards the camp rules, your child will be asked to leave camp.
- Bullying, exclusion and humiliation will not be tolerated at SUMMERMUSIC. If a camper sees or experiences any of these situations, it is important to let a staff member know. Any of these behaviours from a student, will result in your child being asked to leave camp.
- Respect for the buildings and grounds we use at camp is very important. We expect our campers to treat their environment with care and keep the grounds clean.