Welcome Parents, Guardians and Campers!
On this page you will find:
- Downloadable forms (Registration and Medical and Emergency Contact)
- Our Camp Policies. Please read through these with your child before camp.
Online Registration and Medical & Emergency Contact forms are also available!
If you would like to mail in your registration and medical/emergency forms, please download and print the following forms. Mail your forms and a cheque to Summermusic, P.O. Box 1495, Deep River, ON K0J 1P0. The cheque can be made out to Summermusic. Payment can also be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration Form 2023
Medical and Emergency Contact Form
Summermusic Camp Policies
(Please read carefully before camp starts. If you have any
questions or comments, feel free to contact us)
1) For promotional purposes, SUMMERMUSIC will be taking photos of campers in their day-to-day activities. If you do not wish your child’s image to be used in this manner, please inform Susan Butler by the first day of camp. If we do not hear from you, SUMMERMUSIC assumes consent to the use of your child’s photo(s) in Camp publicity material.
2) It is imperative that a parent or guardian of those registered in our Music for the Young program, pick-up their child on time at the end of each daily class. Our staff is very busy teaching throughout the day and are not able to spend extra time waiting for students to be picked-up. If you would like to allow your child to walk or bike home on their own, please inform Susan Butler by the first day of camp.
We must be notified in advance if a child will be absent or late. We will call the parent numbers or the alternate contact if your child has an uninformed absence.
3) Rules and Expectations of Behaviour. On the first day of camp, the rules and expectation of behaviour will be discussed with all our students in a group setting. We do this to help our campers understand how their behaviour affects the music camp experience for everyone. We would like to share some of these rules and expectations with you in the hopes that you will discuss them with your family before camp starts. It is our wish and responsibility to create a positive camp environment between all participants at camp.
- Respect and cooperation are essential elements in establishing a safe environment that encourages artistic development and freedom. Campers and staff are expected to be a positive influence on all camp participants. If a camper is disturbing the camp atmosphere, staff will discuss the issue with the camper and family. If the camper consistently disregards the camp rules, your child will be asked to leave camp.
- Bullying, exclusion and humiliation will not be tolerated at SUMMERMUSIC. If a camper sees or experiences any of these situations, it is important to let a staff member know. Any of these behaviours from a student, will result in your child being asked to leave camp.
- Respect for the buildings and grounds we use at camp is very important. We expect our campers to treat their environment with care and keep the grounds clean.
Summermusic 2023 Covid-19 Protocols and Policy
The following measures have been put in place to promote the health and safety of campers and staff at Summermusic 2023:
- Masks are not required at Summermusic. However, campers and staff are welcome to wear a mask if they wish.
- Proper hand hygiene, including frequent hand washing and sanitizing, is encouraged.
- Campers will spend part of each day outdoors, weather permitting. Eating and drinking will take place outdoors whenever possible.
- Do not send your child to camp if they feel unwell or have symptoms.